Sleights of Mind… a magic show staring your group and the brain.
For over 2 decades and 13,000+ performances, Gene Urban has been astonishing people with his special style of magic and mentalism. In Sleights of Mind, Gene goes behind the scenes and gives insights in the ways magic fools the human brain. This is a very different magic show… some might say “EduTainment”.
Slights of Mind, the magic show, is loosly based on the book of the same name written by reknown neuroscientists Stephen Macknik and Susana Martinez-Conde. It combines astonishing magic, intelligent comedy, brain-teasing mentalism and insights in workings of the human mind. The result is a highly interactive performance where guests join in the fun while learning, laughing and being richly entertained.
Sleights of Mind has proven very popular with intelligent audiences. Like the Ted Talk Brain Magic, Gene Urban’s show explores how the mind can be influenced in ways that look like magic yet are simply “loopholes” of the brain. The result is a truly enjoyable show that blends magic with many thought provoking ideas.
- Slights of Mind is designed for small audiences in the 20-80 guest range.
- The magic show lasts approximately 50 minutes and can be reconfigured for your needs.
- The show is interactive with guests participating in most of the show segments.
- Sound and riser/stage may be necessary for this magic show. We’ll talk about that when you contact us.
- FYI: Slights of Mind can be modified for special messaging or events.